Wednesday, April 8, 2009

(Yawn)...oh hey, how bout dem Twins

This is gonna be short and sweet because I'm exhausted. Way too many basketball stories to write. Ugh.

So how about them Twins? It was like deja vu all over again for me watching that rally past the Mariners last night, capped by clutch hits by Denard Span and Alexi Casilla. It totally brought me back to the Dome last September when Span and Casilla capped a rally from down 6-1 to beat the White Sox, finish off a three-game sweep and vault into first place. I thought the roof was gonna blow off the Dome that night. And tonight, well the kids can keep doing that all they want. That was sweet.

Bad Joke of the Day: "Well, at least the Chicago Cubs are trying. They installed a new pitching machine the other day. Unfortunately, it beat them 4-1."

I'm glad Obama increased his popularity in Europe by ripping on America. Oh, and where's my bailout? Daddy needs new shoes.

Did you see the new "car" GM is coming out with? It's called the Personal Urban Mobility and Accessibility (sic) vehicle or PUMA. They're having the designer of the Segway develop it. I'm pretty sure we're well on our way as a society to being like all the humans in the movie Wall*e. Fat idiots lounging around on mobile couches all day sipping milkshakes. Nobody will walk five blocks to the store anymore. They'll just shift their PUMA into gear. (And you wonder why this nation has an obesity problem. Geez.)

Quote of the Day:

Anything too stupid to be said is sung. ~ Voltaire

I tend to agree with Voltaire (see: most modern music). Wow, am I really a little bit crabby and negative right now? (Note to self: It might not be smart to blog at 4:30 a.m. Just a thought.)

OK, I'll end with the Link of the Day: www.votemrlove.com. It's a website dedicated to getting Kevin Love, Minnesota Timberwolves power forward, voted Rookie of the Year. It features a campy, witty faux informercial for Mr. Love's Miracle Glass Cleaner. Good stuff.

OK. Bedtime. A few chapters of the Crichton classic The Andromeda Strain, and I'm out...

2 comments:

Jonathan Johnson said...

Bri, your blog is unlike anything I've read before - but it's profound and grabs attention. You're a really gifted writer!
. . .Denielle

Jonathan Johnson said...

ps. come visit us down here!!!!