Monday, January 14, 2008

Eerie predictation

I would just like to point out that I had a pretty decent weekend predicting the NFL Divisional Playoffs.

Prediction: Green Bay 24, Seattle 20.

Actual: Green Bay 42, Seattle 20.

Analysis: This one's easy. My dyslexia got the better of me. Would have been fun to play in that though. Always fun in the snow.


 

Prediction: New England 31, Jacksonville 28.

Actual: New England 31, Jacksonville 20.

Analysis: I overcompensated for my irrational fear of the Jags. I have no qualms now. It's gonna be 19-0.


 

Prediction: San Diego 27, Indianapolis 24.

Actual: San Diego 28, Indianapolis 24.

Analysis: I almost nailed this one outright. But if you would have told me the Colts were going to lose with LT on the sidelines and Billy Volek at QB for the Bolts and with the officials in their pocket, I'd have laughed in your face.


 

Prediction: Dallas 34, New York 23.

Actual: New York 21, Dallas 17.

Analysis: I had an eerie feeling about this one. But I wanted the Cowboys to win (they're way more interesting than the Giants, and I you gotta love Minnesota's own Marion Barber III), and they had their chances. And if you think Jessica Simpson had anything to do with the loss, you, my friend are an idiot!


 

All-in-all, it was a great weekend of football. I'm not even going to discuss Tom Brady's unfathomable 26-for-28 dissection of the Jags, because I might start drooling.

Oops. Too late…

No comments: