Friday, December 14, 2007

Juiced? Roger that

So. Did ya catch the Mitchell Report yesterday?

If you didn't or don't know what it is, perhaps it's time you crawl out from that rock you've been living under.

The Mitchell Report was the culmination of months of work by former U.S. Senator George Mitchell and his team of investigators into baseball's steroid culture over the past 20 years. It fingered 86 current and former players in the report, most prominently Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, Andy Pettitte and Miguel Tejada. Oh yeah, and 20 current and former Yankees. (I told you it was the Evil Empire.) No mention of any current Twins though.

Personally, I'm shocked. Roger Clemens used steroids? I don't believe it! Bonds? That size 8 ½ melon's gotta be all natural.

I really doubt the report even uncovered the tip of the iceberg of how deeply-ingrained the steroid culture has been in the sport. Hopefully, this will spark positive change – rigorous testing program that will eliminate the cheaters from the sport and level the playing field for the honest.

Ethically, the whole mess stinks to high heaven. The dirty laundry has now been aired. Now it's time for change in a positive direction. And Roger, you can deny all you want. Frankly, I don't believe a word you say.

And I'm with Jose Canseco when I say: I can't believe A-Rod wasn't on the list.

No comments: